Cliffs to Caves
Feel like your away from it all; you will forget how close you are to the city!
Duration & Times
May - Sept
Cliffs to Caves
A refreshing day out that brings you away from it all. Paddle past granite cliff faces and sea caves that stretch between Whytecliff Park and Lighthouse Park. Located at the entrance of Howe Sound, this area is seeing a return of Orca whales and a rise in other marine mammals. As this tour has some open water it is best suited for those who are comfortable in a kayak or moving water already.
Where We Paddle
The Cliffs to Caves journey will include a 20-30 minute kayak orientation followed by 2.5 hours on the water. The route may vary depending on weather and group dynamics. We generally aim to paddle towards Lighthouse Park and back again.
When & Where We Meet
We will meet at Whytecliff Park parking lot, next to the public washrooms. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time as a trip form and waiver will need to be filled out. If you are under 18, an adult will need to sign on your behalf. Map
What is Included
- Your certified guide,
- All kayak and safety equipment
- A paddle jacket
- One dry bag (to keep your personal items secure and dry).
Please ask about any extra rentals if needed
What to Bring
- Shoes that can get wet and most importantly have grip. They need to have ankle support. I recommend runners, water shoes, Keen or Croc sandals. Closed toed shoes help against stubbing toes on rocks.
- Shorts or pants that dry quickly when wet.
- 2 shirts so you can adjust your layers depending on the weather.
- 1 light sweater
- A wool hat for cold days.
- Gloves for those who easily get cold fingers.
No cotton/jeans. They become heavy and cold when wet. Synthetic clothing such as fleece or polyester is a better option. These will warm with your body if wet.
Other items include:
- A hat or sunglasses for sun protection
- 1 litre of water and snack
- Personal medications
- Waterproof camera if possible, otherwise we have dry bags which will keep the camera dry
Please contact us with any further questions at email@example.com