City & Trees
Take in Vancouver and Stanley Park from a whole new vantage point!
All Experience Levels
Vanier Park Boat Launch
Duration & Times
Thurs - Sun
City and Trees
A novel vantage point to take in the life of the city! Starting at Vanier Park, this tour offers views of downtown Vancouver, English Bay, Third Beach and Stanley Park. In these areas, removed from the busyness of it all, we commonly encounter Bald Eagles, Blue Herons, and Harbour Seals. Whales visit the area periodically, including Greys, Humpbacks and Orcas. Stretch your legs at Stanley Park, voted one of the most beautiful urban parks in the world. A possibility for a brief walk, allows us to see old growth Cedar Trees before making our way back to our kayaks.
Where We Paddle
The City & Trees journey will include a 20-30 minute kayak orientation followed by 2.5 hours on the water. The route may vary depending on weather and group dynamics but generally aim to paddle towards Stanley Park and back again.
When & Where We Meet
We will meet at Vanier Park boat launch, next to the public washrooms. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time as a trip form and waiver will need to be filled out. If you are under 18, an adult will need to sign on your behalf. Map
What is Included
- Your certified guide,
- All kayak and safety equipment
- A paddle jacket
- One dry bag (to keep your personal items secure and dry).
Please ask about any extra rentals if needed
What to Bring
- Shoes that can get wet and most importantly have grip. They need to have ankle support. I recommend runners, water shoes, Keen or Croc sandals. Closed toed shoes help against stubbing toes on rocks.
- Shorts or pants that dry quickly when wet.
- 2 shirts so you can adjust your layers depending on the weather.
- 1 light sweater
- A wool hat for cold days.
- Gloves for those who easily get cold fingers.
No cotton/jeans. They become heavy and cold when wet. Synthetic clothing such as fleece or polyester is a better option. These will warm with your body if wet.
Other items include:
- A hat or sunglasses for sun protection
- 1 litre of water and snack
- Personal medications
- Waterproof camera if possible, otherwise we have dry bags which will keep the camera dry
Please contact us with any further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org